[Vpn-help] transfer all settings to a new machine

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Sun Nov 4 17:42:05 CST 2007

(Matthew sorry for sending that to you direct, I had meant to send it to the
list instead)

Okay, I have 2.2 working nicely on my Ubuntu 6.0.6 LTS laptop, I have a
client running the same version of Ubuntu on her laptop, what's the easiest
of getting the working configuration from my laptop onto her's remotely
(ssh)?

Can I

a) copy the entire directory I used to compile the software from my machine
to hers and assuming she has the necessary gui prerequisites, just run make
install and have it work

b) install all prerequisites on her machine, do a full compile and install
and copy the necessary config files over.

Which brings up the next question, on my laptop, I have her credentials
setup, short of using the export/import feature from the Shrew client, can I
just copy over the config files holding the tunnel info, restart iked and
ikea and be golden?

Or is there a better way of doing this?

--
Harondel J. Sibble