[Vpn-help] compiling shrew vpn client in ubuntu 6.0.6 - detailed instructions

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Sun Nov 4 21:06:36 CST 2007

On 4 Nov 2007 at 20:49, Matthew Grooms wrote:

> Was racoon preventing iked from running? The only reason I ask is that
> setkey is bundled with ipsec-tools which can be very helpful even when
> you don't plan to use racoon as your primary ike daemon.

Not sure, but racoon installation is broken under 6.0.6, there is an
unpstream fix in Debian, but it doesn't seem to have ever been brought into
6.0.6. I think I read it was fixed under 7.x.x.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ipsec-tools/+bug/44246

> I can certainly bundle it with the distribution but will have to toy
> with CMake to see if it can reliably detect a sysv init environment
> before adding it to the install routine.

Gotcha, well even if it's not installed, at least having it bundled would be
handy and notes in the README.TXT on how to install it.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting