[Vpn-help] Any of you tried to change the 4500 port value?

Ignacio Bravo IBravo at HIRSCHMANN.es
Wed Nov 14 03:32:53 CST 2007

Hi Matthew,
Tested. You solved it! Now I can modify the NAT-T port without problems!
Thanks a lot, not only for this software (I tried also Lancom and
GreenBow clients) but for the -not always valued- high quality support.
Best
Ignacio

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Matthew Grooms [mailto:mgrooms at shrew.net]
Enviado el: martes, 13 de noviembre de 2007 20:41
Para: Ignacio Bravo
CC: vpn-help at lists.shrew.net
Asunto: Re: [Vpn-help] Any of you tried to change the 4500 port value?

Ignacio Bravo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any of you tried to change the 4500 port value? Maybe anyone could
give
> me a hint. Thanks for your time!
>
> I have succesfully used 2.02 windows client to link to Innominate
mGuard
> gateway. Both PSK and Certs worked fine.
>
> Then I tried the NAT-T function. OK!
>
> Then modified ports 500 first (succesfully!) and finally 4500. Here I
> find problems.

Ignacio,

Hmmm, it does look there is a problem. When the NAT-T port is changed in

the Site Configuration, it should only effect the destination port used
when the client sends traffic to the gateway. It really doesn't make
sense to change the source port because we expect this to be translated
by a NAT gateway anyhow.

Please try the following build and let me know if it helps out at all.

http://www.shrew.net/vpn/download.php?name=vpn-client&vers=2.0.3-release
-x86