[Vpn-help] Howto connect to Openswan ??

Thomas Rudolph rudt at teleconnect.de
Mon Nov 19 09:33:38 CST 2007

Hello,

first of all, thanks alot for the effort to create a free VPN client for
windows :-)

My problem: I'm not able to connect to Openswan. IKE seems to succeed
(SA established),
but when I try to ping the other side (from V.2.0.2) it seems that the
VPN client tries to do a new IKE (Phase2?),
this time with it's own (private) IP. I think I saw somewhere in this
list that this problem is a difference in
the behaviour of ShrewSoft VPN client and Openswan, but how can it be
solved?
How can I establish a connection to Openswan, is there a simple example
configuration?

Thomas