[Vpn-help] trouble compiling beta3 on ubunutu 6.0.6 lts

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Wed Sep 5 15:50:42 CDT 2007

After installing the requires deps on Ubuntu 6.0.6 LTS as per the readme,
when I run the recommended cmake command line, I get an error about openssl
that I haven't been able to resolve.

$ sudo cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DQTGUI=YES -DETCDIR=/etc -DNATT=YES
Password:
CMake Error: OpenSSL_DIR is not set.  It must be set to the directory
containing OpenSSLConfig.cmake in order to use OpenSSL.
CMake Error: An attempt was made to access a variable: OPENSSL_FOUND that has
not been defined. This variable is created by the FIND_PACKAGE command. CMake
version 1.6 always converted the variable name to upper-case, but this
behavior is no longer the case.  To fix this you might need to set the cache
value of CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY to 1.6 or less.  If you are writing a
CMake listfile, you should change the variable reference to use the case of
the argument to FIND_PACKAGE.
Unable to locate required package : OpenSSL
-- Configuring done

Any suggestions?
--
Harondel J. Sibble