[Vpn-help] trouble compiling beta3 on ubunutu 6.0.6 lts

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sat Sep 8 12:22:58 CDT 2007

Harondel J. Sibble wrote:

> On 7 Sep 2007 at 21:29, Matthew Grooms wrote:
>
> Doh, sorry for the trouble, I should have checked all that before posting.
>
> You said from "their website", I assume you mean the ubuntu source repository
> or from the gnu website itself?

 From the cmake website ...

http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Download.html

... I just downloaded the pre-compiled cmake-2.4.7-Linux-i386.sh
version, moved it to the /usr directory and ran it as root using sh.
There was a point where I had to select an option that forced it to
install in the /usr prefix instead of a /usr/cmake??? prefix. I don't
know if thats the best way to do it but it seemed to work out for me.
Its really a shame that the Ubuntu version you use doesn't include a
modern cmake package. Perhaps there is an alternate repository that
distributes this?