[Vpn-help] trouble compiling beta3 on ubunutu 6.0.6 lts

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Mon Sep 10 19:07:35 CDT 2007

On 8 Sep 2007 at 12:22, Matthew Grooms wrote:

> ... I just downloaded the pre-compiled cmake-2.4.7-Linux-i386.sh
> version, moved it to the /usr directory and ran it as root using sh.
> There was a point where I had to select an option that forced it to
> install in the /usr prefix instead of a /usr/cmake??? prefix. I don't
> know if thats the best way to do it but it seemed to work out for me.
> Its really a shame that the Ubuntu version you use doesn't include a
> modern cmake package. Perhaps there is an alternate repository that
> distributes this?

That works a charm, thanks. Customer has various reasons for using the 6.0.6
LTS version, I hear a new 7.xx or 8.xx LTS version is supposed to be out
closer to the end of the year which should resolve most of these issues with
older versions of the prerequsites for compiling shrew.

I'll test it out now against the Fortinet Wifi-60a client has and report back
results along with a few other commercial vpn gateways I have under my
control, a SonicWall TZ170, a few other model Fortinets, a bunch of linksys
units (befsx41, befvp41, wrv54g, rv042) and maybe one or 2 other brands.

I don't expect much problems with any except the sonicwall which has a VERY
short list of vpn clients that work with it. Sonicwall's client works of
course as does NCP's Windows XP/Vista and Windows CE clients, also VPN
Tracker and IP-Securitas on the mac side.

This is going to be the fun and challenging ;-)
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting