[Vpn-help] trouble compiling beta3 on ubunutu 6.0.6 lts

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Tue Sep 18 17:50:20 CDT 2007

Harondel J. Sibble wrote:

> On 17 Sep 2007 at 20:20, Harondel J. Sibble wrote:
>
>> Noticing some odd behvaiour with beta3 loosing most, but not all of my
>> settings. Installing beta4 now to see what happens.
>
> Took me a while to figure this one out and what was causing the problem
>
> Create all policy settings with static ip address etc, goto name resolution
> tab, uncheck "obtain automatically", put in internal dns server address. Save
> config, click connect = "failed to load 'Policy Name'"

> their defaults :-(
>
> As long as name server has obtain automatically unchecked, any changes to the
> auth, p1 and p2 settings will not save.

Thanks again for the bug report. These problems have been fixed.

r197 | mgrooms | 2007-09-18 17:04:53 -0500 (Tue, 18 Sep 2007) | 2 lines

Correct a problem with ikec when manual DNS settings are used but a
domain name suffix is not specified.

r195 | mgrooms | 2007-09-18 15:13:27 -0500 (Tue, 18 Sep 2007) | 2 lines

Correct a problem that was preventing site configurations from being
read properly when manual DNS settings are used.

Please grab the fist release candidate which is now available for download.