[Vpn-help] trouble compiling beta3 on ubunutu 6.0.6 lts

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Mon Sep 17 23:56:05 CDT 2007

On 17 Sep 2007 at 16:29, Harondel J. Sibble wrote:
> > At present, the Shrew Soft Client supports modecfg very well but does
> > not support DHCP over IPSEC. When updating your case, can you please
> > verify that they support the DHCP over IPSEC specification outlined in
> > RFC3456 or if they utilize a proprietary implementation.

Dear Customer,

FortiGate does support RFC3456(DHCP over IPSec Tunnel mode) but only fully
tested with FortiClient as documented in
http://docs.fortinet.com/fgt/techdocs/FortiGate_IPSec_VPN_User_Guide_01-30005-
0065-20070716.pdf

FortiClient for Linux is currently in our product roadmap and will only be
available in the near future. However, for Linux-FortiGate IPSec VPN, you can
use the open source client Openswan. Kindly refer to the link below for
Openswan configuration:
http://kc.fortinet.com/default.asp?id=1835&SID=&Lang=1

Best Regards,
Fortinet TAC Support