[Vpn-help] VPN-tunnel break off

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sat Aug 16 12:29:59 CDT 2008

Mager, Christian wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem with the VPN Client for Windows. I can build up the
> tunnel and it works fine but after a couple of hours (between 4 and 8)
> the connection breaks off without any error message. The log od the
> Connection still displays tunnel enabled.
>
> We use a Netscreen 50 router, Pressure Key and Xauth
> Authentification.Why does do not recognize that the connection breaks
> off? Do you have any idea solving the problem? Thanks in advanced.

Christian,

Yes, I have seen this problem on some hosts and I have a test case that
can re-produce the issue. The peer gateway reports that it has received
a corrupted packet at a critical time during the exchange. It will take
some time to investigate the cause of this problem and find a solution.
I have every intention of fixing this before the 2.1.2 release.