[Vpn-help] Problem in configuring in ubuntu 8.04

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Tue Aug 19 16:29:01 CDT 2008

P.M.S.Prakash wrote:
> Hi,

Prakash,

Thanks for trying the client and submitting the bug report.

> I have compiled shrew soft vpn client 2.1.0 on ubuntu 8.04. In the
> General tab, I am able to select "disabled" for Auto Configuration, but
> in the Address Method, it is not allowing to choose "Use existing
> adapter and current address" option.

I was able to reproduce this issue. Could you please try the attached
patch and let me know if it works for you?

> Also, in the authentication tab, if I choose "Mutual PSK", I am not able
> to select Identification Type as FQDN or User FQDN in Local Identify tab.

The FQDN and other identification types are only available when you
select the aggressive exchange mode in the phase1 tab. I noticed that
the default mode in the Unix UI is still set to main mode which may be
the cause of some confusion. This has been changed in the patch.

> But, I am able to access these options in windows client and able to
> connect ot the vpn router.
>
> What could be wrong on ubuntu 8.04 with 2.1.0 client?

If the patch works and you don't see any other regressions, I will make
sure the changes get into the next release.