[Vpn-help] Problem in configuring in ubuntu 8.04

P.M.S.Prakash prakashpms at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 02:23:53 CDT 2008

Hi Mathew,

Thanks for the quick response. I could apply the changes and compile.

> I was able to reproduce this issue. Could you please try the attached patch
> and let me know if it works for you?

Yes, the option is now available and I am able to choose "Use existing
adapter and current address".

> The FQDN and other identification types are only available when you select
> the aggressive exchange mode in the phase1 tab. I noticed that the default
> mode in the Unix UI is still set to main mode which may be the cause of some
> confusion. This has been changed in the patch.

Now, the default mode is set to aggressive in phase1 tab, but still FQDN and
other identification types are not available when I choose  Authentication
Method as "Mutual PSK".

Also, I tried to run iked process and it fails with the following message.

$ sudo /usr/local/sbin/iked
!! : socket bind failed
daemon network configuration failed
 ( line 9, col 15 )

What could be the reason for this failure?

Best Regards
Prakash