[Vpn-help] Problem in configuring in ubuntu 8.04

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed Aug 20 08:18:58 CDT 2008

P.M.S.Prakash wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> iked problem is resolved. Since other ipsec software "racoon" was
> installed, it was giving the error. I have uninstalled it and I am able
> to run iked now.

Glad you figured this out. A conflict with racoon is usually the cause.

> Since I am not able to select FQDN option from ikea, even though group1
> is set to agressive mode, it is failing to connect to the VPN router.

Right. I forgot to switch some cases around after making aggressive the
first element in the combobox. Try the attached patch which should work.
Its still against original sources so beware. You must revert the other
patch ( see source/ikea/*.orig files ) for it to apply cleanly. Once I
hear back from you, I will commit the changes if they look good.