[Vpn-help] VPN disabled until i reopen the network settings again

Stefan Bauer Bauer at puhlmann.net
Wed Jan 30 02:24:56 CST 2008

hi list,

i just noticed a strange behavior with the nat-t capable alpha versions, released in the last 2 month. on my windows xp professional box, a vpn tunnel only gets successfully activated if i do a rightclick on my lan interface (that one which holds the default route) -> properties. at this point, i have to select (only select, its already marked) the entry Shrew Soft Protocol Filter and then just hit enter. then a windows driver installation popup comes up, like the same during the installation of shrew vpn client. if i confirm this, everything works like a charm until i reboot the machine.

any help would be greatly appreciated

regards

Stefan Bauer

--