[Vpn-help] Manual VPN

mgrooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Tue Jan 29 17:00:20 CST 2008

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:14:07 -0500, "James Angi" <jangi at abc6.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to bring up a tunnel without using the GUI (script.
> programming against an api. whatever)? I'd like to expose some underlying
> functionality that hasn't made it into the GUI yet.

James,

Yes. I don't have a document that describes the interaction between the GUI
and IKED but all the source code is available via the public svn.shrew.net
subversion server or as archives for each release. The basic concept is
that you use the IKEI class which provides a client request interface to
iked. For more information, please take a look at the source code in the
libike subdirectory. For a full libike usage example, please take a look at
the source code under the ikec subdirectory ( mainly ikec.cpp ).