[Vpn-help] Connecting but not working

charles morrison charlie2 at ledgible.com
Wed Jun 11 13:43:40 CDT 2008

Matt,

I am using the Ubuntu repository version of Shrewsoft and am connecting
to our VPN and getting an IP assigned, but I can't browse our network or
even ping anything on our network.

As you recall, many months ago, I had things working, but it was very
slow. I have switched to Ubuntu from Kubuntu and am now using Hardy.
Matt Linehan, here at our office, is using Shrewsoft from home and it
works really well on his Windows client. Running a directory used to
take me 90 seconds (delays partially due to aircard and ATT) and takes
him 3 seconds to get the same directory using DSL wired network. The
company gateway is an Adtran router.

We have tried to change things on our network and on my linux client
laptop, but I have run out of things to try to figure out the location
of the problem.

Can you give me any ideas as to what to try to troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks,

Charlie Morrison

--
Charlie Morrison