[Vpn-help] Shrew Client and ZyWall, part deux

Zachary Hopkins zachary.hopkins at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 18:50:31 CDT 2008

Hello all!

I now have the Shrew Soft VPN client connecting to and creating a tunnel
with my ZyWall 2 Plus firewall.

However, I am not able to access anything through the tunnel (in either
direction, remote client to LAN or LAN to remote client).

The Shrew client picks up a valid LAN address (10.12.1.21), which I can
ping, but I cannot reach my LAN gateway (10.12.1.1) or any of the other
computers on my network.  The Shrew client has an include policy of
10.12.1.0/24, WINS and DNS are both set to 10.12.1.1.  I have no DNS
suffix and no split DNS.

It doesn't look like any of the packets or pings are even making it to
the Shrew client, as I cannot see them through the trace log viewer.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

--Zachary Hopkins

zachary.hopkins at gmail.com