[Vpn-help] saving config file with all certificates (main mode)

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Mon Jun 16 22:06:19 CDT 2008

Dietmar Papperitz wrote:
> Hallo Matthew,
>
> i use main mode with certificates.
> with new candidate releases you every time save the Shrew Soft VPN client
> config with the whole certs. I thinks it's not so good and in the release
> before you only save the config, not the certs. It's will be difficult if
> someone steals your notebook, stick, etc. Please change it for final
> release.

Deitmar,

I assume you are referring to how the client embeds certificates when
exporting the site configuration? Its so the configuration data is
complete and self contained. An operational site configuration should
only point to the certificate file path and not contain certificate
data. In other words, the certificate data is added to the vpn file on
export and stripped during import.