[Vpn-help] Help needed to configure Windows client

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Sun May 4 21:50:32 CDT 2008

Hiya Matthew, glad you're back!

On 22 Apr 2008 at 9:18, Matthew Grooms wrote:

> While I do plan to port the Shrew Soft client to OSX in the future,
> there is already an excellent free VPN Client suite based on ipsec tools
> named IPSecuritas. I have heard lots of good things about it so its
> probably well worth looking into.
>
> http://www.lobotomo.com/products/IPSecuritas/

>From a fair bit of experience working with IPSecuritas, if you like having
hair, save yourself the frustration and pay Equinix their toll for VPN
Tracker. This is particularly true if you are trying to connect to a
Sonicwall with enhanced firmware....

Don't get me wrong here, IPSecuritas is a good product, it's just a lot more
difficult to setup than most other OSS or commercial VPN clients I've used
and I've used a bunch of them.
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting