[Vpn-help] New 2.1.0 beta 4 release ...

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Fri May 16 14:03:15 CDT 2008

All,

I just posted a the 2.1.0 beta 4 release on the website. I know it only
follows 2 days after the last release but I found enough bugs to warrant
a quick turn around. There was a bit of fallout from the IPC rewrite
that prevented the client from working with certain configuration modes.
This release also moves the libpfk IO mechanism over to the new generic
IPC class on windows and corrects a bug that was causing truncated reads
in certain instances. The client statistics that get reported to the GUI
connect applications network tab has also been re-enabled. Please see
the release changelogs on the download page for more detail.

http://www.shrew.net/?page=download

Please help me test this build to check for bugs and regressions. Its
now very close to a release state with only one bug remaining on the
2.1.0 todo list. With the other work complete, I plan to concentrate on
the DNS problem until it is finally resolved.

Thanks again,