[Vpn-help] New 2.1.0 beta 4 release ...

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sat May 17 11:41:58 CDT 2008

Matthew Grooms wrote:
> All,
>
> I just posted a the 2.1.0 beta 4 release on the website. I know it only
> follows 2 days after the last release but I found enough bugs to warrant
> a quick turn around. There was a bit of fallout from the IPC rewrite
> that prevented the client from working with certain configuration modes.
> This release also moves the libpfk IO mechanism over to the new generic
> IPC class on windows and corrects a bug that was causing truncated reads
> in certain instances. The client statistics that get reported to the GUI
> connect applications network tab has also been re-enabled. Please see
> the release changelogs on the download page for more detail.
>
> http://www.shrew.net/?page=download

FYI ... I just ran into a regression on unix targets. The pre-shared key
values were getting trashed by the access manager. This occurred when a
site configuration was loaded and then saved without the user directly
editing the preshared-key value. The patch has been committed and I have
attached it here in case anyone wants to apply it to the beta 4 source.