[Vpn-help] IPSec over TCP?

Robert badbob at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 19:58:09 CST 2008

When using the cisco client, keeping the 'udp over tcpip' still works
internally. Can you think of another reason why the cisco client is able to
work while shrew can't? Perhaps there is another shrew vpn setting I can
change?

Thanks!

On Nov 22, 2008 7:26 PM, "Matthew Grooms" <mgrooms at shrew.net> wrote:

Robert wrote: > > > One guess is that from inside my company's network,
there may be other internal ...
This would be my guess as well.

> In the Cisco client, under the transport tab, there is this option: > (x)
IPSec over UDP (NAT / ...
No, unfortunately not. This may get implemented at some point. However, UDP
encapsulation is the published and widely accepted standard used to deal
with NAT. IPsec over TCP is a proprietary vendor extension.