[Vpn-help] New 2.1.4 beta release ...

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Oct 23 17:31:17 CDT 2008

All,

I just posted a 2.1.4 beta 3 build on the download page. Its significant
for two reasons ...

1) A severe bug was corrected in the IP forwarding cache. The bug caused
invalid entries to be retained indefinitely. It was identified as the
cause of yet another bug report related to failed DNS lookups after the
connection was established. It also prevented connections from being
established when a host connected to a new network without rebooting or
restarting all client services. I wouldn't be surprised if the fix also
corrects other edge case problems that have been reported in the past.

2) Dialup adapter support was added for NDIS 6 ( Vista ) platforms. I
had initially planned to only add support for this in head branch but
ran across some bugs while working on the driver source code. While not
critical, they were significant enough to warrant bringing the updated
code into the stable branch.

As always, I would greatly appreciate testing and feedback. There are a
few other changes I would like to bring into the stable branch but not
until they have seen more testing. For this reason, I will be releasing
a 2.2.0 alpha build at some point in the near future.