[Vpn-help] New 2.1.4 beta release ...

Joerg de la Haye haye at lab-quade.de
Fri Oct 24 04:06:14 CDT 2008

Hi Matthew,

I installed the new version immediately and it works at first glance -
but I've had some installation problems with my Vista64, there is one
with the Lightweight Filter. I uninstalled my previous version, rebooted
and then installed the new beta, afterwards my wired connection didn't
work. I uninstalled again and saw after uninstalling there was still the
Lightweight Filter left, so I removed it manually. Once again I
installed the new beta and that did the trick.

One of the positive things: my dialup adapter (a cellular data PCCard,
accessed by Windows as a modem connection) is supported now. Hopefully
the bugs you fixed were the cause of my DHCP problems with changing
networks I mentioned in a post a few weeks ago. As a test a quick change
from a wired connection to a cellular one and vice versa did work
flawlessly!

Joerg

P.S.: For the wishlist - it would be nice to update the software without
uninstallation before. At the moment we have an uninstall, a reboot and
an install, maybe you can merge them to an update and a reboot?