[Vpn-help] New 2.1.2 beta available ...

Joerg de la Haye haye at lab-quade.de
Tue Sep 2 04:28:48 CDT 2008

Hi Matthew,

I have an issue with the Lightweight Filter (64Bit-Vista).
If I connect to different networks via DHCP (e.g. to network 1 in the
morning, a few hours later to network 2 at another location, and so
on...) I can't use the connection immediately. The problem doesn't have
to do with IPsec, it appears without the Shrew Soft client started at
all. Unchecking the Lightweight Filter for the used network adapter
helps then, the connection starts to work. After reenabling the
Lightweight Filter the connection stays useable. I've got the problem
with version 2.1.0-rc2 and 2.1.1 and unfortunately I can't reproduce the
behaviour reliably, it seems that it doesn't happen everytime.

Any ideas what might be the cause? For me it looks like the Lightweight
Filter is filtering the DHCP address exchange. Or is it a routing
problem? Today I installed your new beta, maybe my problem is fixed by
your Vista commit r1227?

Joerg