[Vpn-help] 2.1.1 Problems on Vista

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sun Sep 7 21:07:06 CDT 2008

Marc Goldburg wrote:
> Matthew,
>
> Your hunch about the USB adapter was correct.  I disabled it and was
> able to make more progress using the wired ethernet interface.
>
> At this point, phase 1 successfully completes, but phase 2 fails.  I've
> included output from the VPN trace tool and also ifconfig output
> following phase 1 completion.  I am able to connect with the Shrew
> client on an XP machine on the same subnet at the same time.
>
> Thanks for looking at this.

Marc,

Your log output shows a failure during Xauth. I have no idea why this
would work on XP and not on Vista. Its the same code running on both
platforms :) Are you sure you are using exactly the same configuration
in both instances? Are you using the same username and password during
authentication?