[Vpn-help] Problem connecting to Cisco ASA

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Aug 6 14:15:16 CDT 2009

Tim Cott wrote:
> Problem:  Cannot connect to Cisco ASA 5510 using PCF file provided.  VPN
> Client says “invalid message from gateway” after bringing up the
> tunnel.  The VPN Client imported the PCF file just fine, and I verified
> the settings, it just seems to be getting something back from the
> gateway it doesn’t like.  Any help is appreciated.

Hi Tim,

Can you please send me a copy of your pcf file in a private email? There
may be a problem with the import process that only effects certain pcf
files. I'm not sure what is causing it yet. Feel free to XXX out your
PSK and host/IP data before sending.

If anyone else on the list has a sample pcf file that is not working,
please do the same.