[Vpn-help] Vista 64

Grant Robinson grobinson at multiview.com
Tue Dec 8 11:21:48 CST 2009

I have installed Shrew Soft 2.1.5 on a Sony Vaio with Vista 64, and when I uninstalled the app, I received a BSOD upon reboot.  After upgrading to 2.1.6 in safe mode, the issue resolved.

I have never been able to connect this box to the VPN (other Vista 64 machines work fine).  It either gives me a negotiation timeout error (Phase 1 and 2 encryption are correct.  I've triple checked this), or it tells me that the network isn't available.  I can ping the peer address and the internet in spite of this error message.

Also, when I reinstall the app, it keeps populating the application with a preinstalled connection.  I delete the program files and the files located in the user folder, but that doesn't seem to work.  How do I uninstall this app completely and any ideas on what's going on with the connection?

Thanks!

Grant