[Vpn-help] Phase 1 time for out using 2.1.5 on W7 x64 when connecting to cisco. pcf used.

Martin Malek martin.malek at bredband.net
Tue Dec 8 15:20:38 CST 2009

Hi

I just moved to W7 x64.

First I accidently tried to install 2.1.4 version which gave me lots of
BSODs. I later found the 2.1.5-rc-5 and today also the 2.1.5 installed
successfully.

Started out by importing the pcf file which I want to use for the
connection. This pcf file worked fine on my previous Vista x64 using 2.1.4
version.

I noticed now that my client UI never shows anything past the "bringing up
tunnel" message. I would expect the "network device configured" message
followed by "tunnel enabled". Instead it seems to time out on phase 1
attempts.

Please find a debug version of the Trace log attached.

Questions:

.         Could you tell from the logs if the problem is located on my
computer or if the cisco vpn is simply ignoring my requests?

.         Perhaps the bad installation of 2.1.4 messed up my miniports?

.         If so how can I do a clean install?

I tried re-installing but still get the same errors.

BR - Martin