[vpn-help] 2.1.5 client connecting to cisco pix issue

VPN Client Product Support vpn-help at lists.shrew.net
Wed Dec 16 17:19:56 CST 2009

Hi there,

Great bit of software, solves our x64 bit vpn client connectivity issue.

Problem;

I have tested via dial-up and the shrew vpn client connects to our pix
and works fine.

So there is a network/router/firewall issue at one of our clients sites.

Using the same pcf file that we use with our cisco vpn client software

I can authenticate fine (IAS) but after 30sec it disconnects;

"connect" tab stages;

Bringing up tunnel

Network device configured

Tunnel enabled

Session terminated by gateway

Tunnel disabled

Detached from key deamon

The "network" tab under "security associations" the "established" never
states "1" only "0" and "failed" states "2"

I ran the vpn trace log program and set the log level to "loud" but
nothing is getting logged. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

Michael