[vpn-help] Bidirectional VPN shrewsoft client <> netscreen

VPN Client Product Support vpn-help at lists.shrew.net
Wed Dec 16 17:28:43 CST 2009

Hi,

I have used the shrewsoft client for a while, and have succesfully
configured it to connect to a netscreen VPN endpoin (ns5gt running screenOS
5.40r8.0)

I am now trying to set up a bidirectional VPN such that not only can I see
the LAN to which the netscreen is connected, but machines on that LAN can
see my machine. After much trying myself, looking at routing policies and
the like, I have not got very far. I also looked at the shrewsoft config
guide here:

http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/HowtoJuniperSsg

Which seemed to mirror pretty closely what I had already, but only dealt
with inbound traffic from the remote client.

Is there a way to acheive what I am attempting, and if so is there any
information I could provide that would better help diagnose the problem I am
having?

Cheers,

Ben