[vpn-help] Ubuntu 9.10 problem

Roberto Greiner mrgreiner at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 05:50:33 CST 2009

Ai,

I'm trying to make iked work in an Ubuntu 9.10 box, to connect to a
Cisco IPSec Catalyst router with an IPSec appliance board.

Using the synaptic package (2.1.4), the client connects, but no traffic
passes. From the same box, using 2.1.5 and a windows station, everything
works fine, so I decided to download/compile version 2.1.5, to see if
there was some problem with the 2.1.4 version preventing it to work.

I´ve managed to compile the program, install it, all ok. But when I try
to run it, I get the following message:

iked: error while loading shared libraries: libike.so.2.1: cannot open

I´ve searched for this library, and found that it is in the folder
/usr/local/lib, with 644 permission, owned by root. Could somebody give
me a hand understanding why iked can´t access this library?

Tks,

Roberto Greiner

--
                 Marcos Roberto Greiner

    Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos
     Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade
                                   James Branch Cabell