[vpn-help] VPN from Win7

Ad van den Broek advandenbroek.nl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 16:03:23 CST 2009

My company is using a VPN gateway, a Cisco PIX501 (v6.3) gateway,
which is configured for CHAP.

At home I use a notebook with Win-XP. It worked with the basic settings.

I changed my notebook at home with a Win7 notebook.
The standard VPN settings in Win7 didn't work.

People advised me to use the shrew VPN-client instead.

But I have no clue what to config or setup.

I believe the VPN gateway in my company is configured
- PPTP (no L2TP)
- authentication: CHAP + MSCHAP
- Encryption: MPPE

Any suggestion what I should do, how to configure shrew to support the
VPN gateway from my Win7 notebook,
like the same way my basic VPN-connection is doing on the WinXP notebook ?

--

With best regards,
Ad van den Broek