[Vpn-help] FW: Connection before domain login

gregmail at outtacyte.com gregmail at outtacyte.com
Fri Dec 11 01:38:56 CST 2009

Sounds like the perfect time to steal share from Cisco.  The EasyVPN doesn't
do it either.

Credential Provider acquires the credentials from the user @ Logon.

>From there, I gather that the credential provider could then establish the
vpn connection (Mine is straight PSK) and then any XAuth would be the
credential given by the user.

This would allow the tunnel to be set up and then the CP could pass the
credential to WinLogon finishing the logon.

OK.  I don't really need XAuth in my situation, just a tunnel.  Would it be
possible to have a service start when the system starts and set up the
tunnel before the logon was even attempted?

If that would be possible, then I can see pretty easily (I think) how the CP
could then interact with the service to wake it up and have it do it's
thing.

humm...

Since I know we can set up the tunnel using the command-line tool, couldn't
I just wrap a service around that?

-greg

  _____