[Vpn-help] Shrewsoft VPN Under Windows 7 64-bit

Avram Piltch apiltch at laptopmag.com
Wed Jan 21 13:50:45 CST 2009

Greetings,

I am trying to get Shrewsoft VPN client to work under Windows 7 64-bit,
because I've switched to Windows 7, my hosting service uses a Cisco VPN
solution, they suggested shrewsoft for 64-bit, and I want to update my site.
Installing shrewsoft on Windows 7 beta 64-bit results in a serious BSOD that
is only fixed if I restore the OS to its last known good configuration. I
see on the site this is a known bug with 2.1.4, but the user who reported
the problem claims that version 2.1.1 works under Windows 7 64-bit, when for
me, 2.1.1 has the same BSOD problem:

http://www.shrew.net/support/ticket/7

Is there a trick to getting any version of shrewsoft VPN to work under
Windows 7 64-bit?

Best,

Avram