[Vpn-help] Compiling on OpenSuse 11 unsuccessful

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sun Jan 25 13:31:38 CST 2009

Benjamin Zöller wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I had problems with the Shrew VPN Client on my Ubuntu machine, why I
>> installed OpenSuse 11 hoping I get the VPN Client working. Unfortunately I
>> can't compile the program on OpenSuse. Any hints what I can do?
>>

>> I haven't attempted to build the software on OpenSUSE 11. Its quite
>> possible that your system includes a newer version of CMake or qt than
>> has been tested with the client software. Which version of CMake and qt
>> do you have installed?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Matthew
>
> Hi Matthew,
> I have the same problem on openSUSE 11.1 with KDE4.
> cmake version is: 2.6.2-4.1
> qt is: 4.4.3-4.7
>
> Hope you can help.

Christian and Benjamin,

I did a quick install of OpenSUSE, checked out the source code from the
public subversion repository at svn://svn.shrew.net/ike/head, built the
software and connected to a Cisco gateway.

What release version of the client are you trying to build? Its quite
possible that the problem you are seeing was fixed in the head version
but the changes have yet to be included in a release version.

PS: I did have to work around this issue which appears to be the default
setting on most distributions these days ...

http://lists.shrew.net/mailman/htdig/vpn-help/2008-November/001827.html