[Vpn-help] make problem on debian etch, using ike 2.1.4

Kenny Scott kenny at kennyscott.co.uk
Sun Jan 11 06:16:24 CST 2009

Hi,

I downloaded the source for the lenny release and built it, and it built
fine.  However, the options differ between that version (2.1.0) and the
current version (2.1.4) such that when I followed the instructions from my
work on how to configure the software using "ikea", certain options could
not be selected and I therefore couldn't configure it that way.  Maybe I
should go back and try again on that version; but I'd prefer to get 2.1.4
working if at all possible.

I also tried to install a later version of the kernel as I was previously
using 2.6.18 but on recommendation from a colleague, I installed debian
etch's 2.6.24 kernel and booted with that.  Unfortunately, it made no
difference.  My colleague thought that it was something to do with RTA_TABLE
support only being added in later than 2.6.18, but to be honest it's way
over my head so I'm not really sure what to try.

Suffice to say, something isn't working on debian etch and if you want me to
try something, feel free to offer suggestions.  I'm currently totally
stalled getting the VPN to work in linux, and on Windows XP the VPN only
works intermittently (but that's another story).

--
Kenny