[Vpn-help] dhcp over ipsec against a sonicwall tz170

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Jan 15 23:22:02 CST 2009

Harondel J. Sibble wrote:
> Matt
>
> Connecting Shrew 2.1.4 on XP Pro to a Sonicwall TZ170, I basically followed
> my own instructions for configuring IPSecuritas here
>
> <http://www.lobotomo.com/cgi-
> bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=IPSecuritas;action=display;num=1160415123;start=0>
>
> or
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/29rra7
>
> In the client connect window I am seeing
>
> bringing up tunnel
> no dhcp response from gateway
>
> DHCP over Ipsec is selected in the shrew client and is enabled on the
> sonicwall and works successfully for both the Sonicwall client and also for
> the NCP client on Windows Mobile and XP.
>
> I see in the archives there was at least one mesasge regarding fixes for slow
> dhcp over ipsec responses.

Harondel,

Unfortunately all DHCP over IPsec implementations are not created equal.
I have a Sonicwall TZ150 in my lab but have yet to add support for that
platform. Like the wiki says ...

http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/HowtoSonicwall

As soon as I have time to coax the DHCP over IPsec support into working
with Sonicwalls, I'll update the wiki and send a notice to the list.