[Vpn-help] dhcp over ipsec against a sonicwall tz170

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Fri Jan 16 02:30:24 CST 2009

On 15 Jan 2009 at 23:22, Matthew Grooms wrote:

> Unfortunately all DHCP over IPsec implementations are not created equal.
> I have a Sonicwall TZ150 in my lab but have yet to add support for that
> platform. Like the wiki says ...
>
> http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/HowtoSonicwall

Heh, that's not quite accurate

"The Sonicwall products are not yet supported by the Shrew Soft VPN Client. "

It works quite fine, just doesn't work with dhcp over ipsec.  I've been using
it against the tz170 with enhanced firmware for about 4 hours tonight. Using
the fqdn for the machines on the other side (active directory) and all works
hunky dorey.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting