[Vpn-help] XP connected to a VPN router

vincent at edimax.com vincent at edimax.com
Thu Mar 5 22:46:53 CST 2009

Hi!  I was successful in establishing a tunnel between
Shrew VPN Client and a EnduraLINK VPN router.
Shrew VPN is the latest:  V2.1.4
Client PC is XP Pro Sp2

Client PC IP address is:  10.0.0.2
Virtual IP                  is:  192.168.2.111
EnduraLINK VPN WAN is: 10.0.0.1
LAN PC                      is 192.168.1.3

direct connect between the Shrew VPN Client and the VPN router's WAN port & tunnel is established.

>From Client I can PING 192.168.1.3 through the tunnel
>From LAN PC I can PING 192.168.2.111 through the tunnel

>From Client I can do HTTP to a WEBserver through the tunnel
>From LAN PC I can do HTTP to a WEBserver on the Shrew VPN Client PC.

Here is the problem:

>From Client I cannot do:  \\192.168.1.3

I have checked by connecting the Shrew VPN Client PC and the LAN PC on the
same subnet when  \\192.168.1.3 WORKS.

Can anybody explain this?  Thank you in advance.