[Vpn-help] Can't install network component

Khaos Farbauti Ibn Oblivion propserv at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 13 01:59:59 CDT 2009

Hi,

I have trouble installing Shrew Soft VPN Client and i just have no clue why.

I first installed the 2.1.4 release (a64) and everything was alright.
Then i uninstalled it in order to install the 2.2.0 alpha release.

But the 2.2.0 was unable to install and send me errors during the
network component installation phase (actually when performing "netcfg
-add service pflt c:\....\pfilter.inf")

And until then i was unable to install ANY release (even the stable one
has the same error now)

I followed the cleaning advices, checking shrew soft services, shrew
soft network adapter, deleting vfilter and virtualnet files in system32
and even cleaning the whole registry of any mention to shrew soft, still
i always got the error.

"Error 0x800b0100: Couldn't install the network component. Possible
cause : Il n'y avait pas de signature dans le sujet"

(Yes, it's in french, and i don't know how it would translate... maybe
something like "There was no subject in the signature")

The whole installation goes fine except that Network Component part (the
netcfg command).

Could someone help me ?