[Vpn-help] Development Update ...

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sat May 2 15:06:59 CDT 2009

All,

As some of you may have noticed, I uploaded a new 2.1.5 beta 5 release.
This includes support for Cisco Hybrid authentication which happened to
be the last missing piece that was preventing me from implementing a PCF
import function. I hope to have that ready by the end of next week after
which 2.1.5 will enter release candidate.

There were a few other noteworthy changes. The Cisco unity vendor ID was
reverted to an older version number. The newer version number being used
in late releases were causing problems with ipsec-tools. Also, the unix
resolve.conf manipulation routines have been ported from head so that a
configuration is merged instead of blindly overwritten. For example, if
a resolv.conf file that contains 'search austin.rr.com' and the gateway
doesn't provide a default domain name suffix, the new resolv.conf file
will contain the new tunnel specific nameserver lines and the original
'search austin.rr.com' line. And although it didn't make it into beta 5,
a patch has also been committed that fixes compilation on platforms that
use bison version 2.4. This was reported on the vpn-help list and the
Ubuntu forums by several users.

If you have free time, please help test this new release. As I mentioned
previously, I would like to promote 2.1.5 to stable as soon as possible.