[Vpn-help] trying to connect to

Marco Lechner marco.lechner at geographie.uni-freiburg.de
Sat May 16 07:14:46 CDT 2009

H list,

I'm trying to connect to my LANCOM-based VPN-Gateway and have two
problems (may there's just a little hint needed, because I'm a newbie to
shrew-vpn-client):
I'm using the same configuration (working at other colleagues, but
modified psk/UFQDN string) on the Windows-client and the debian-client
(installed through apt-get):

- on the windows-client I the tunnel is established and I get my remote
address. Therfore I think the connection seems to work, but I can not
get any computer at the remote network. The standardgateway is set to my
own address automatically by the shrew-client - could this be a reason?
how to change? or how to find the problem

- using the shrew-client on debian it just throws me out of my home
wlan. After some timeouts it reconnects the WLAN not being able to
connect the vpn-server so far and giving up.
What am I doing wrong?

Marco

P.S. my *.vpn:
n:version:2
n:network-ike-port:500
n:network-mtu-size:1380
n:client-addr-auto:0
n:network-natt-port:4500
n:network-natt-rate:15
n:network-frag-size:540
n:network-dpd-enable:1
n:client-banner-enable:1
n:network-notify-enable:1
n:client-wins-used:1
n:client-wins-auto:1
n:client-dns-used:1
n:client-dns-auto:1
n:client-splitdns-used:0
n:client-splitdns-auto:0
n:phase1-dhgroup:2
n:phase1-keylen:0
n:phase1-life-secs:86400
n:phase1-life-kbytes:0
n:vendor-chkpt-enable:0
n:phase2-life-secs:3600
n:phase2-life-kbytes:0
n:policy-nailed:0
n:policy-list-auto:1
n:phase2-keylen:0
s:network-host:[LANCOMs pingable IP]
s:client-auto-mode:pull
s:client-iface:virtual
s:client-ip-addr:192.168.0.224
s:client-ip-mask:255.255.255.0
s:network-natt-mode:enable
s:network-frag-mode:enable
s:auth-method:mutual-psk
s:ident-client-type:ufqdn
s:ident-server-type:address
s:ident-client-data:[myRegisteredEmail-adress at mylancom]
b:auth-mutual-psk:[my_secret_psk]
s:phase1-exchange:aggressive
s:phase1-cipher:aes
s:phase1-hash:sha1