[Vpn-help] (no subject)

Wood, Jeremy jbwood at orrick.com
Mon Nov 2 15:27:41 CST 2009

Hello all;

I've been trying to get my Windows 7 client to connect up with the Cisco
VPN Concentrators we have here at work.

I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit and Shrew VPN Client 2.1.5 rc4.

The client is reporting "session terminated by gateway"

The packet capture shows a DELETE message being sent to my client by the
concentrator.

The log on the concentrator shows this right before the delete message
is packaged up and sent to my client:

IKE AM Responder FSM error history (struct &0x7e5165c)

<state>, <event>:

AM_DONE, EV_ERROR

AM_TM_PEND_QM, EV_TM_OK

AM_TM_PEND_QM, NullEvent

AM_TM_INIT_MODECFG_V6H, EV_SND_MSG_TO_TM

Can anyone give me an idea of where I need to look to get this resolved?
Thanks for any replies.

Oh, I do have access to the guy that controls these concentrators, he is
in my group at work so we should be able to get more details if you need
it.

----Jeremy

IRS Circular 230 disclosure:
To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS,
we inform you that any tax advice contained in this
communication, unless expressly stated otherwise, was not
intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for
the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under
the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or
recommending to another party any tax-related matter(s)
addressed herein.

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  THIS E-MAIL IS  MEANT FOR ONLY THE
INTENDED RECIPIENT OF THE TRANSMISSION, AND MAY BE A
COMMUNICATION PRIVILEGED BY LAW.  IF YOU RECEIVED THIS E-
MAIL IN ERROR, ANY REVIEW, USE, DISSEMINATION,
DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS E-MAIL IS STRICTLY
PROHIBITED.  PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY OF THE ERROR BY
RETURN E-MAIL AND PLEASE DELETE THIS MESSAGE FROM YOUR
SYSTEM. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

For more information about Orrick, please visit
http://www.orrick.com/