[Vpn-help] VPN Client Driver Issue

Michael Dale mdale at dalegroup.net
Sun Nov 22 18:17:35 CST 2009

Hi All,

I'm using Shrew VPN 2.1.5-rc-4 on Windows 7 32bit and it seems to work fine on both my ethernet and wireless interfaces.

I recently installed a Sierra MC8700 3G card into the laptop. Shrew VPN does not seem to be working with this interface. I simply get a "negotiation timout occurred" error.

I believe this is because the "Shrew Soft Lightweight Filter" driver is not installed on that interface (but is on the others). I've tried reinstalling Shew VPN but it still doesn't install the driver for the 3G interface.

I believe there might be a way to do it using drvcfg.exe but when I try to run the program I get "One or more arguments are invalid".

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Michael.