[Vpn-help] Traffic to Cisco VPN 3000 goes only in one direction

Martin Emrich martin.emrich at living-e.com
Fri Oct 16 07:18:23 CDT 2009

Hi!

Matthew Grooms schrieb:
>  From the looks of your log output, the client isn't passing Xauth. I'm
> not exactly sure why but if you are using 2.1.4 this may be the cause.
> With that release I updated the version of the Cisco client vendor ID
> string which caused problems during Xauth/modecfg with some gateways.
> During the 2.1.5 development cycle, I reverted it to the older version.

Sorry for the delay, had a busy week.

Today, I tried several other versions:
2.1.5-rc-4 conflicted with the wireless adapter, so it was of no use.

After installing 2.2.0-alpha-9, the wireless adapter worked, but I still
cannot connect. Instead of connecting and having unidirectional traffic,
I get a "session terminated by gateway" error right away. On the same
network, the Cisco client works. 2.1.3 behaves the same way.

Attached is the IKE debug log file.

Thanks

Martin