[Vpn-help] Routing problem

Matthew Butt Matthew.Butt at tricycleinc.com
Wed Oct 28 11:04:21 CDT 2009

I'm trying to get Shrew working from a Win 7 Ultimate x64 install under VMWare ESXi to a Cisco VPN server.  Currently using Shrew 2.1.5-RC4 but this seems to happen on all versions I have tried.

I'm importing an existing PCF and connection happens fine.  The link appears to stay up with no errors in the trace logs and I'm seeing DPD responses..  However, I am not able to contact any machines on the other end of the link, by either IP or name.  The firewall rules tab in the trace util show the correct routing has been setup, but a tracert sends the data down my public internet connection, not down the VPN system.

I've also tried disabling "obtain network topology" and adding the routes manually, but still no luck.

I'm happy to provide any logfiles required.. where can I start trying to fix this problem?

Many thanks,

Matt