[Vpn-help] Network Component error

Vega FDE cameleon_98 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 28 13:40:12 CDT 2009

I installed Shrew 2.1.4 RC4 on my Win 7 64 bit system and it worked fine.  I had to uninstall and reinstall and now during installation  I get a network component installation error ("Error 0x8004a029: Couldn't install the network component.").  I saw another post regarding this and the proposed solution was to go to the c:\\windows\inf folder and remove the oemxx (xx being the number) inf files that says "Shrew" when opened in notepad.  I went to the folder but none of the oemxx files where for shrew.  I reinstalled again and saw the oemxx being created for Shrew and when I uinstalled it again it removed the oemxx files so it appears that it is cleaning those files properly.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.