[Vpn-help] Vista-64bit: Tunnel established, but no ping / no DNS

Claus Brand Claus.Brand at emb.com
Tue Sep 1 07:49:31 CDT 2009

Hi @ All.

I'm using the Shrew-Client (which is a nice piece of Software) for my
boss who hast he only 64-bit-OS of VISTA in our company. All the others
use the original VN-Client from Netgear.

Since a few weeks he can't connect tot he VPN as before - but everybody
else still can.

When I establish the connection it says the tunnel is up, but I can't
send any pings or anything else.

When I check on the Web-Interface of the FW (which is a netgear FV318V3)
it says that the connection is established but no TX at all.

When I use the same configuration on my own netbook (which is running
WinXP32), it works all fine - I can even RDP my Server ;-)

So has anyone an idea or a solution?

Best Regards,

Claus