[Vpn-help] Shewsoft conflicts with Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5100

Marco Lechner - Institut für Physische Geographie marco.lechner at geographie.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Sep 10 12:54:30 CDT 2009

Hi,

I try to use shrewsoft to connect to a lancom-controlled office-intranet
from my home notebook, which is a Lenovo ThinkPad T500 with Intel
Wireless WiFi Link 5100 running Win XP.
I use lenovos "Access Connections" to manage my wifi/lan-profiles, but
this shouldn't be the thing.
I can install the recent shewsoft client, import my working profile, and
sucessfully connect to my office-intranet.
But after reboot, my notebook cannot find any wireless networks anymore.
neither my own, neither any others around. Until I uninstall Shrewsoft
client software.

Is this a known behavior?

Marco